Saturday, December 20, 2008

Roller coaster ride

We are on such a roller coaster ride right now...more downs then ups though! It has been mad craziness since we have been home. Emalee is improving, but not as quickly as I had expected. We actually had to have a suction machine brought to our house to use until she clears up more. She has started taking oral steroids in addition to all of her other meds. The poor girl takes four different things 6 times a day plus breathing treatments every four hours. Being her "nurse" is more then a full time job! The boys are happy to be home but are having some trouble adjusting to the fact that I can't play with them or give them a ton of attention...but at least we are all home together. My mom watched Emalee this afternoon so the boys and I could go play at the park. We had the BEST time! I was a little surprised that Izak could out score me in soccer...I was actually trying!! I think it was the first time that I have been outside the house or hospital since Thanksgiving so I truly treasured the park time! Kevin is working a lot right now considering he has had to be off so much the past three months (all of our medical drama!). We figured out that in the last 2 1/2 months we have spent over THREE weeks in the hospital-that is WAY to much time. Thank you for the continued support and prayers. I can feel them...if it wasn't for our faith I don't know if we would still be going strong at this point!

1 comment:

tanisha said...

I am so excited for you guys. Much love and prayers are coming from all the teachers here, we miss you but are happy things are looking good.
Tanisha